Support Grant Information
School Clothing Grants
Parents or carers who have a child under 16 attending an Aberdeenshire school and receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income- based Employment Support allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but not Working Tax Credit, and where your income is less than £15,860 (in 2011/12 as assessed by the Inland Revenue)
- Support provided under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Qualify for a School Clothing Grant. Pupils aged between 16 and 18 years who receive any of the above benefits in their own right also qualify.
Further information is available from:
Can my child get free school meals?
You can claim free school lunches for your children if you are receiving:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (CTC), but not Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £15,860
- Both maximum Child Tax Credit and maximum Working Tax Credit and your income is under £6420
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person at one of our Benefit Offices
School Meals charges are currently £1.95 per ticket and £19.50 for a book of 10m tickets. Cheques should be made payable to Aberdeenshire Council.